Since 1953, Landvatter Ready Mix, Inc. continues to proudly deliver the Greater St. Louis area with quality concrete.
3000 Barrett Station Rd
Kirkwood, MO 63122
St. Charles Plant
3881 Seeburger Rd
St. Charles, MO 63301
7101 N. Market St
St. Louis, MO 63133
Landvatter Ready Mix, Inc. is a family owned concrete manufacturing and delivery company. The history of the company began when Henry Landvatter and his brother Charles Landvatter, while working as Landvatter Excavating, installed sections of the Phillips Oil Pipe line in Missouri and Illinois. After the pipe line contracts were completed, Landvatter Excavating started to dig for residential basements. Due to the great demand for ready mix concrete in the West St. Louis county area, and at the encouragement of the contractors, Henry and Charles Landvatter founded Landvatter Ready Mix, Inc. in 1953
The first plant was in the Des Peres Quarry, at what is now the I-270 and Manchester Road area. In 1953 cement was bought in sacks, hand broken and dumped into the trucks.
The company moved to Barrett Station Road in 1955. At this time, cement was brought in by railcars offsite. The process was to spot the hopper cars, open the hopper gates by hand, and use a cement auger to transfer the cement into dump trucks. The single axle dump trucks would then transfer the cement to a hopper at the plant, where a bucket elevator was used to transfer the cement to the three-yard batch plant. This hard work by the employees and their dedication to their customers was ingrained in the Second and Third generations of the Landvatter family.
Landvatter Ready Mix, Inc. is currently operating at the original Barrett Station location, the St. Charles plant in New Town Blvd. area and in Pagedale on North Market Street.
Melissa Landvatter proudly follows Roger and Ronald in representing the third generation by employing union and non-union employees, all dedicated to the same principles of hard work and excellent customer service that were instilled in the company during the 1950’s.